2014-2015 Call for Proposals
The Aboriginal Justice Directorate is now soliciting applications for project funding under the Aboriginal Justice Strategy Capacity-Building Fund.
While the Aboriginal Justice Directorate continues to support the increased knowledge, skills and training needs of existing Aboriginal Justice Strategy community-based programs, the 2014-2015 Call for Proposals will focus on two priority areas, which are to:
- Build internal capacity and provide training for existing Aboriginal community justice programs in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Program reporting (e.g. data collection, evaluation);
- Training initiatives that include various justice stakeholders, and/or;
- Emerging community justice-related issues.
- Build bridges, foster partnerships and seek opportunities for collaboration (for example between the mainstream justice system and Aboriginal communities as well as with other community justice programs), through activities such as, but not limited to:
- Capacity-building events, for example, regional gatherings, and/or;
- A gap analysis, needs assessment or environmental scan.
Based on departmental priorities and resources, emphasis may be placed on existing Aboriginal Justice Strategy community-based programs, and/or certain eligible initiatives or activities.
Deadline for Submission of Application Packages
The deadline to submit a complete application package is Monday, June 30, 2014 at 23:59 Pacific Time.
Capacity-building funding is one-time only; project activities must be completed by March 31, 2015.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss project ideas with the Regional Coordinator in their area prior to submitting an application.