The Report Identifies The Services Provided by Information Professionals:
· Fast and thorough searches, presenting the latest, most comprehensive and accurate information to executives and practitioners.
· Training to enable library users to carry out their own searches of electronic databases more efficiently and effectively.
· The expertise of the information professionals is what drives the $5.43 ROI per dollar.
· Filtered, evaluated and packaged search results.
· Relevant, tailored, current information from national and international sources.
· Assistance for people who are studying for a tertiary qualification and training to achieve a higher level of competency.
· Manage a dynamic collection of physical and online resources, so staff can access up-to-date, authoritative resources, and make well-informed decisions.
· Negotiate with publishers of books, journals and online resources, to achieve the best value for the department.
· Ensure the materials and the ways they are used are copyright compliant.
"Putting A Value On Priceless": New Study Reports that Librarians Deliver ROI of $5.43 Per Dollar Invested
Library Week has brought us a gift from "the land downunder." The Australian Law Librarians' Association
(ALLA) and 3 other Library organzations (The Australian Library and InformationAssociation (ALIA), Health Libraries Inc (HLInc),Health Libraries Australia (HLA)) collaborated on a study to measure the Return on Investment of Australian special libraries.The partners commissioned award-winning firm SGS Economics and Planning to study special libraries across the nation. This week, the final report was issued " Putting a Value on Priceless" which provides an independent assessment of the return on investment provided to organizations which have their own special libraries and information services in Australia.
The Survey was conducted between June and September 2013 and was supplemented by in depth case studies. 5% of Australia's 2200 special libraries participated.
Conservatively, special libraries are estimated to deliver $5.43 in value for every one dollar spent.